Wednesday, February 25, 2009

From the exterior point of view

On Monday the brick guys came and took down their scaffold so we can see the results of their work more easily now. Those small roof peaks fit in just fine with the overall view of the house from the road. But I'm pondering whether we should have requested some gargoyles or something similar to give it character...!
After taking down the scaffold more bricks were laid for the garden wall. Then in the afternoon the electrician was busy laying all that blue conduit in there to take the wall lights and outlets.

I'm sure looking forward to getting rid of that pile of clay because spring is not very far away and my garden will be coming to life shortly. I'm seeing lots of birds already including, on two different days, a flock of bluebirds which got me very excited. So this afternoon I cleaned out the bluebird house ready for the season - birds nest in it every season but not (yet anyway) the bluebirds for which it is intended. Then I turned over three of the birdbaths and filled them with water because it seems like we have a stretch of weather ahead of us without freezing temperatures. And I like to keep my birds happy. One of the reasons for all those outdoor electrical outlets in the new garden wall is so I can perhaps position a birdbath there and be able to plug in a heater to keep the water from freezing during the winter.

2 comments:

  1. Lu and Moki are very jealous of all your bird visitors. They would like to come and play in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the heated birth bath....you could have more birds than you anticipated!

    ReplyDelete

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.