Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Moment to Shine

Today was the first of many moments to shine for my artist friend Jill Banks as she unveiled her huge artistic endeavor.

If you look back to my blog posting of January 1 you will be reminded that that was the day I posed as "face # 1" for Jill's project "100 Faces in 100 Days". In a magnificent follow through Jill did complete her project on day 100 of 2011.

Today was the opening reception for the public showing of all the 100 faces. It was very exciting to see all 100 paintings hung together as a finished project. Jill had kindly supplied name tags for all her "faces" and it was fun to be in the room and glance at a nametag, then the face and then go find that painting on the wall.

I'm sure you can figure out who of the two of us above is the artist and who is the subject of the painting on the top left.

If you want to read more about this artist and her project go visit her webpage here

And finally, note my great admiration for someone who was able to make a New Year's Resolution and follow through and complete the project.

A round of applause please for an outstanding effort by a wonderful artist. Well done Jill!

1 comment:

  1. Wow your famous face is hanging on public display!

    How many of the 100 faces were at the opening?

    ReplyDelete

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.