Friday, May 6, 2011

Gone missing?

It is a while since I last posted. But in that time I have been visiting "Middle Earth". These random photos are my proof. Above is a shot taken in Glenorchy, a small town at the head of Lake Wakatipu.

A roadside shot taken looking towards the Mount Aspiring National Park.

Paradise? Indeed, this is the original homestead built in the settlement named Paradise.

Another view inside the Mount Aspiring National Park. Much filming was done in this area for the Lord of the Rings movies.

Another shot taken in Paradise, renamed Lothlorien in the Lord of the Rings movies.

More later as I get my photographs sorted out. And in case you have not figured out where I am for this posting I am in the southern portion of the South Island of New Zealand.

1 comment:

  1. Where does one start? Well, I'm particularly fascinated by the photo of Paradise with Sheep - all aspects of it - the sheep, the structure, the bright red tree in the mid-ground, the big wall of the mountain in the back. Can we have a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of that please? I can see why the makers of the Lord of the Rings chose the backdrop of the area - the trees in the next photo have an other-worldly quality somehow. I could go on and on.

    ReplyDelete

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.