Monday, March 23, 2009

And that elevator

The installation team were back today and almost completed their job. We now have a cab and I did see it go up and down.

Alas, it is not yet finished and must pass inspection before it can be used. Since the carpet on the main floor is not currently "complete" in front of the elevator door (that is where our previous shelf unit was and the carpet was cut out in that area) no inspector would give it the final "okay" in the current condition.

The maple wood panels have to be finished by the painter to match the adjacent cabinetry. And the electrician has to install the ceiling lights. We also need the inner folding (gate) door as well as the handrail. And the phone has to be connected.

Remember my earlier posting? Rome wasn't built in a day...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.