Friday, December 16, 2016

Preserving the Spirit of Christmas on December 16

 Angels we have heard on high
 Sweetly singing o'er the plains
 And the mountains in reply
 Echoing their joyous strains
(A quick aside here - I don't know when or why this particular angel came into my collection but she does look a little startled don't you think? Somewhat surprised by the echo maybe.)
Gloria, in excelsis Deo.
 Confession time - I have been waiting to make this slice and I needed the angels to carry it out. It's a recipe from my older copy of "The Joy of Cooking" and it is one I have always enjoyed. Alas I have had to wait for others to decide that it is safe to eat coconut, pecans and lemon icing...
 I set up my evening "tea for one" tray and worked quickly so I could enjoy the tea. It really does taste quite more sophisticated drinking it from the limoges cup than from the mug I usually use.
While our hearts in love we raise. Gloria in excelsis Deo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.