Monday, December 12, 2016

Preserving the Spirit of Christmas on December 12

 Yesterday was Gaudete Sunday, the beginning of the third week of Advent. While the main liturgical color for Advent is violet it switches to the color rose for Gaudete to express the joy of being midway through the season.
 Hunting through my Christmas boxes I was surprised by the number of rose pink items I have because pink is not really a favored color of mine.
 While I was hunting up the rose pink items my yard was having the final cleanup of the season. I realize you won't think this looks like much but after living with leaf debris for a number of weeks now I think my garden is quietly happy tonight to be clean and tidy.
 The nandinas in front have had their rose colored clothes on for a few weeks now.
 Pretty pink poinsettia.
Whether we call it Gaudete Sunday, Joy Sunday or Rose Sunday, it marks the midpoint of the season which will bring us to the joy of Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. Ive never ever heard of Gaudete sunday - prob for obvious reasons Dorry. But I really like all these photos in the delicate pink shade - and somehow your vignettes exactly suit the colour they are - if that makes sense 0:)

    ReplyDelete

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.