Friday, August 26, 2011

Can you take yet another critter?


I seem to be on a theme here although it was not intentional.

This morning as the dog and I were returning from a walk midmorning I noticed this critter on the front lawn quite near the curb and heading towards the road. It has been a number of years (perhaps five or more) since I have seen a box turtle in our yard. I'm not sure if it could be the same one or not. In the 2000 - 2004 period we would see a box turtle perhaps two or three times in a year and usually in the back yard area.

When I checked thirty minutes later there was no sign of the turtle so I hope it did cross the road and find someplace safe to go.

3 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job getting images of these visitors - the hummers especially are hard to capture. At least this little one doesn't move that fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have to put up a little sign post....Emmer's Wildlife Sanctuary!!
    Just a thought...if you date the photograph , you can compare your visitors each year and determine if they are 'regulars'...oh, the biologist seeping out again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this guy shoudn't be hard to recognise next time round - the African folk art paintings on his shell must be extremely unique!

    ReplyDelete

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.