Monday, April 19, 2010

Open for the season

Continuing the weekend's theme of history, I made a quick visit to the Colvin Mill on Sunday. Many special events were happening there designed to entice visitors for the opening weekend of the season.

The Mill was operating with the water wheel turning.

The day was a pretty spring one but I felt quite glad that I did not have to dress like these ladies. They were part of the group who were on site creating a Civil War encampment.
In trying to take photographs it was very challenging to try and avoid the obvious signs of the current century. Here the ladies of the encampment go about their business.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get the tour of the mill? When we went, the "miller" had had an accident and the tours were canceled. Norris' sister thought the corn meal there was The Best for Fried Green Tomatoes and we always made a stop at their gift shop for her on subsequent visits.

    ReplyDelete

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.