Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Studio Tour 2016

It's time again for the Great Falls Studios 2016 Art Tour. You're invited to come along on this family-friendly self guided free wander through the back roads and byways of Great Falls to meet the artist members of Great Falls Studios. Join in the adventure beginning Friday, October 14 from 10am to 5pm and continuing on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th at the same hours.
 58 members have been busy creating lots of art and now we are ready to meet you, show you our artwork, and talk with you about what we create and what inspires us. In some studios you can watch a demonstration or even try creating something yourself gently guided by the resident artist.

You can go visit our website http://www.greatfallsstudios.com/studiotour
There you will find the map along with the list of artists and much more information. 

Look for me in a couple of places:

I will be at the Great Falls Public Library, dubbed Tour Headquarters for this event, in the large meeting room. Hanging on the walls and exhibited in the display case are sample artworks from many of the participating artists. 


In the center of the room you will find a small selection of my quilts, including "Uluru: Star of the Outback" shown above, along with a selection from my new media, photography. As a special preview for my blog readers, "Signs of the Season" is shown below.

Drive along Georgetown Pike just a short distance from the library to The Old Brogue, our renowned Irish pub (street address for your GPS is 760 Walker Road) and pop in for a coffee or lunch/dinner. In Katie's Coffee House (which becomes "the Snuggery" in the evenings) you can also see my exhibition "My New Zealand", which is on display there for the entire month of October.
"Agapanthus - A Summer Staple" shown above.

So far the crowd favorite at Katie's seems to be my canvas print "The Woolly Majority" 


I will have a smaller version, printed, framed and matted in the traditional style with me at the library.
It will be such a pleasure to see you this weekend so don't be shy, come meet me and let's chat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.