Saturday, June 14, 2014

Flag Day in my Garden


As the sun sets on Flag Day 2014 I thought I might show what was blooming in my garden today.

 The astilbe by the deck is putting on a fine showing.
The clematis on top the arch continues to bloom mostly unseen.
 Ah ha, beaten at it's own game! Mint is known to be very rampant and at the end of the season last year I hauled a lot of the mint out and trashed it knowing it would be back. And look what else has sneaked in! Quite a few years back I planted one or two of these small delphiniums and every year since they have turned up in a variety of places. Maybe they'll edge the mint out?
 The lacecap hydrangeas are beginning to show color. With the brutal winter we have had they got knocked back quite a lot so I wait with interest to see how the bloom display is.
The deer food - oops, hosta - are looking healthy. Wonder how long they'll last this year?
And the first echinacea (coneflower) of the season has started to bloom.

Today I went on a field trip with the others in my camera class. But I didn't want you to think those blooms/scenes were from my garden so I'll wait a day or two to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.