Wednesday, June 17, 2009

As we inch towards completion

I am reminded that it has been many weeks since my last posting. My excuse is that I've been waiting for something else to happen. So last Friday, we had some action on site when the carpet layers arrived to take out the old and the temporary carpet in the family room. In the photo below you can see them working on taking up the old carpet. In the right corner the door to the elevator is open altho the inner door is closed.


And now here we are a few days later. The new carpet is laid - unclear from the photo is that the carpet is now a soft green color with a subtle pattern in it. Please also note that the windows are sparkling clean and that the drapes are once more hanging from the rods (and not lying in repose on a bed downstairs). Geoff is engrossed in a book newly borowed from the library.
The photo above shows my newly planted clematis - this one replaced the vigorous speciman that did not survive being on the building site.
And now a long shot of the arch with a flowering clematis on both sides. The clematis on the right not only survived the building site but this is it's best ever flowering. I wish I could say something good about the grass below but reread the title of this posting...

1 comment:

  1. The carpet photo doesn't look greenish so I will take your word for it...what I did notice was the Basket Quilt on the left hand side wall above the bookcase.I remember.....
    I am sure you are so happy to have the room back to normal!
    The clematis looks good and they will look fabulous when they climb and cover the arch!

    ReplyDelete

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.